Playing with friends is always enjoyable. A significant aspect of gaming is social interaction with your friends. Many gamers around the world use Discord to communicate with one another and play continuously while staying in touch with their friends.
Xbox announced its partnership with Microsoft and Discord in 2018. This collaboration results in a merger of console and PC players. Through this partnership between Microsoft and Xbox, gamers will find it simpler to connect with and discover what games their friends are playing on PCs and consoles.
Players now have more options, giving them more freedom wherever and how they want to play.
What is discord?
Discord is the chatting and voice app application that has completely revolutionized the PC gaming sector. More than 10 million gamers all around the world use Discord to coordinate with one another and communicate. Xbox users still need to learn how to install and use Discord, whereas most PC and mobile gamers already know how to do so. Here is all the information you require about using Discord on Xbox if you use an Xbox One and are unsure how to set it up and use it.
Due to the features it provides, the Discord service is quickly entering the gaming and console markets, but some gamers have complained that the setup process is too lengthy. Let me reassure you that using Discord with an Xbox One is simple. Continue reading to learn how.
Step-by-step guide on how to use Discord on Xbox One
People have been crazier than crazy to have it on their Xbox since Microsoft collaborated with Xbox. After all, the collaboration of two tech giants opens up new possibilities for both console and PC fans. Xbox received the Discord integration early on. Now, console and PC gamers can coexist in peace. Easily access your friends’ games via Discord, or join them if you want to play multiplayer.
Your absence is only prevented by a free Discord account. Even though not everything requires an account, in this case, you’ll need an Xbox Live account and a Discord account. The only requirements for joining Discord are a username, password, and email address for verification.
Link discord with Xbox One
There are two simple ways to connect your Xbox One to your Discord account. Each of the following options are available to you.
- Using Xbox One.
- Using a discord phone or desktop app.
Detailed steps for both methods are listed below
Using Xbox One
Follow these steps to link your Discord account to Xbox One.
- Open your Xbox One Settings.
- Go to Account Settings on Xbox One.
- An option for Linked Social Accounts can be found there. Then click.
- Select Link discord account from the options
- Xbox will provide you with a six-character PIN code that you must enter into the Discord app in order to connect your Xbox One to Discord. You can enter these six characters in the desktop app or the Discord connection menu on your phone.
Using Discord’s phone or desktop app
You can also start Xbox One linking through the Discord app. Follow the steps to do it.
- Open Discord on your device, be it your phone or desktop.
- Go to Settings.
- Next, go to User Settings, and then select the Connections tab.
- You will then be shown a list of icons that are compatible with pairing Discord with the indicated apps.
- Look for the Xbox icon from the right side.
- After Xbox opens, select Xbox Live and sign in with your credentials.
- Give Discord permission to access your Xbox One account.
- Your Discord account is now connected to Xbox One via the Discord mobile or desktop application.
How to unlink the Discord app from Xbox One
Don’t worry if you’re sick of Discord or switching consoles. We’ve brought you back here as well. It is just as simple and easy to unlink the Discord app from Xbox One as it is to link it to the Xbox One app. Three methods are available for you to use.
- From Xbox One.
- From the official Microsoft site.
- From the Discord app.
Through Xbox settings, you can disconnect your Discord account from your Xbox One. adopt these actions
- Go to Xbox Settings.
- Next, go to Account Settings.
- Now select the Linked Social Accounts tab.
- Your Xbox One and the Discord app are now connected, as you can see.
- Click the Remove Link button, and you’re done.
To disconnect Discord from your Xbox One using the Discord app, follow the instructions below.
- Start by entering your login information to access your Discord account.
- Navigate to Account Settings in the bottom left corner of the app.
- Click on the Connections Tab, as we did before.
- Now, click on the connection to Xbox Live and then click on the ” Remove link “.
- Just comply with the instructions and verify the settings prior to backing up.
Using Discord for Communication
Although there isn’t an official Discord app for Xbox yet, you can use Discord to chat and communicate with other players while you play. Instead of using the somewhat buggy Xbox chat system, you can talk to your friends using the Discord app on your phone, computer, or both. In online games where communication is key, the Xbox messaging system has flaws that make it difficult to hear others and prevent you from speaking to your friends in your natural voice.
Discord is aiming to drop because its Xbox app is inferior to the one available to PC users due to the lack of an official Xbox app. On the other hand, Discord is a good option to think about because of the superior sound quality and effective communication it provides.
Here is some reason why you should go for it.
- It’s pretty simple and easy to link to, so why not?
- Great Chat Options: With Discord, you can achieve flawless and impressive voice quality regardless of whether your console is gradually losing power or your online voice is lagging.
- Display your game status so that your friends can join you in the game if you enjoy playing with them or if you use multiple platforms.
- You have a keyboard, so those who enjoy chit-chatting can do so easily and quickly.
The bottom line
Xbox One users can finally use Discord after a long wait, while PC users must wait a long time to apply. As you can see, connecting and disconnecting Discord from an Xbox One requires no difficult steps or installation procedures. You just need to link your Xbox Live and Discord accounts, and you’re done.
Tech industry giants have been working together and cooperating more recently, which is good for the gaming industry. As technology advances globally, it is made accessible to the general public and the gaming industry, which is a huge benefit. We sincerely hope that using Discord on Xbox is now trouble-free, but if it still is, please let us know in the comments section. We’ll be there as soon as we can.